New to Zen?
You are welcome to join us for any of our practice periods, whether you are new to Zen or are experienced in Zen or any other form of meditation. See our regular weekly and periodic Saturday schedules for more information.
You do not need to be a member to participate in our programs. However, if you are interested in learning about Temple membership click here.
News and Upcoming Special Events
- 3rd Annual Buddhas Over Worcester Registration is Open - What is it? Buddha means “awake.” Awake to what? What might being “awake” mean in the face of the struggles and difficulties of our lives and of our world? Buddhas Over Worcester invites you to create a three-dimensional outdoor representation of the Buddha that expresses what being awake means to you today. Take this as… Read More
- Spring Sesshin Registration is Open - March 5 – March 8, 2015 “To Touch the Heart-Mind” At our Boundless Way Temple (Mugendo-ji) 1030 Pleasant St, Worcester, MA From 9:00 pm Thursday evening, Mar. 5 through 1:00 pm Sunday Mar. 8 $350 (U.S.) fee Scholarships available Registration is now open. Space is limited. Please click here for more details and registration information.… Read More
- Coming and Going Sesshin - Three-week Intensive Zen Practice February 15th – March 5th, 2015 The coming and going sesshin is an “open house” meditation retreat. In the tradition of Buddha’s sangha, we will be gathering to support each other in deepening our commitment to Zen practice. There are several ways in which you can participate: Attending the opening ceremony… Read More
- Zen Movie Night: Enlightenment Guaranteed (Erleuchtung garantiert) - Wednesday, April 1st, 2015 Erleuchtung garantiert (Enlightenment Guaranteed) is a 2002 German film directed by Doris Dörrie about two brothers who travel to Japan to sort out the mess of their lives. Their plan is to visit the Sojiji Monastery in Monzen, near Tokyo. On their way there, in a rather literal Buddhist moment, they… Read More
- Jukai Ceremony - The next Jukai Ceremony will be at the Temple on April 18th, 2015 at 3pm.
- Boundless Way Temple Book Group - Come join us for an evening of exploring the tradition and practice of Zen Buddhism through reading and discussing books by contemporary Zen teachers.
- Check out Melissa’s new article in the Shambhala Sun - The enlightenment stories of the ancient masters are confounding to conventional mind. Their truth is revealed only when our whole being becomes the koan.
- Support the ongoing work of the Boundless Way Temple! - Please read more about this opportunity to support our practice and our community.
- Preparing for Jukai: Rakusu Sewing and Precepts Study Groups - Jukai…is to acknowledge to yourself the importance of wisdom in your life.